Kanye West is featured in W magazine's August issue and—surprise surprise!—he sounds pretty pleased with himself, as the Hollywood Reporter notes. A few of his most self-aggrandizing quotes:
- "Visiting my mind is like visiting the Hermès factory. S--- is real. You’re not going to find a chink. It’s 100,000% Jimi Hendrix."
- "Yo! Nobody can tell me where I can and can’t go. Man, I’m the No. 1 living and breathing rock star. I am Axl Rose; I am Jim Morrison; I am Jimi Hendrix. You can’t say that you love music and then say that Kanye West can’t come to your show! To even think they could tell me where I could and couldn’t go is just ludicrous. It’s blasphemous—to rock ’n’ roll, and to music."
story continues below
- On Kim Kardashian, whose wardrobe has evolved to please him: "Nobody can tell my girl what to do. She just needed to be given some platforms of information to work from. ... For her to take that risk in front of the world, it just shows you how much she loves me. And how much she actually loves the opportunity to learn."
- After Kardashian's mom, Kris Jenner, responds to one of his songs with "Great job": "Great job? Great job, Baccarat, for making a glass that can hold liquid! Great job, belt loops, for keeping my pants up!"
- "I just do exactly what I want, whenever I want, how the f--- I want. 'F--- you’ is my message."
- "My ego is my drug. My drug is, ‘I’m better than all you other motherf---ers. Kiss my ass!'"
- "I’m not going to sit here and defend s---. That s--- is rock 'n' roll, man. That s--- is rap music. I am a god. Now what?”
Bonus: As writer Christopher Bagley notes, "In the course of our interviews, [West] favorably compar[es] himself to Le Corbusier, the Beatles, Marlon Brando, Tiger Woods, Azzedine Alaïa, Kate Moss, and the Soup Nazi, among others." (In other bizarre Kimye news, TMZ
reports that the couple sent out photographs of a random baby to friends—claiming she was daughter North when she actually is not—because they knew someone would try to sell the photos ... and lo and behold, someone did.)